Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 3 of Changes

Wait, what? Where are days 1 and 2? And what changes?

I've had enough and decided I need to make some real changes in my life. I want to be healthier and more active and whatnot so...

Day 1 of change involved salad. I like salads, but I don't eat enough of them. Apparently, my husband thought we should eat more of them as well because he also bought salad stuff on the very same day. (It's funny how in-sync we are with each other sometimes, despite not having a discussion about it at all.) So, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes were bought. The tomatoes are grown by this company: Vermont Hydroponic - Big, Beautiful tomatoes and oh, so yummy! Hooray for local!! :)
Day 2 - I got a hair cut. Really it was more of a trim than a cut. But afterwards, I decided it was time for a change in hair color!
Now, these photos don't actually show the true hair color. I don't know what the problem was but I could not get the real color to show through.

This is what the box looked like:
And it really came out like a light-ish brunette/dark blonde color. Whatever, I like it and it accomplished something.

But, Alice, coloring your hair isn't a change to make you healthier. No, but it makes me feel prettier and feeling good is a healthy thing!

Day 3 - TODAY! Today I continue eating better and tonight I am going to a jewelry class! My friend K.L.S. makes and sells beautiful beaded jewelry and occasionally she gets some people together and shows them how to make certain items.

Tonight we'll be making up-cycled soda can earrings:


A necklace from these fun jade beads:

And a necklace with matching earrings from sea glass and a charm of our choice:
(Of the all the items we make tonight, I think this will be my absolute favorite!)

1 comment: