Friday, June 17, 2011

Etsy Banners

I have been having some fun making etsy banners! Once I learned how easy they can be to make and edit, I was on a roll!

I have been using picnik.com. This is a partially free, online photo editor.

First, I created a template using "paint" on my computer. (Windows XP)
-open paint
-click on Image and then Attributes
-make the units: pixels
-set the width to 760 and the height to 100
-click OK
-Save As a .png file
-Option: Use the paint can to fill the space with color and Save As, again

Second, I uploaded the saved templates to picnik.com. You do not have to set up an account, but they do have 'Premier' options, so you won't be able to use all the items without paying for a subscription. You can find other Free Etsy Banners here: http://www.everythingetsy.com/free-etsy-banners/ and they also provide a tutorial on another editing site.
-note: if you add a frame to your template in picnik.com, you will need to re-size to 760 x 100 pixels in order for it to fit in your etsy shop
-note: when saving your banner from picnik, save as a .png file

Third, Upload to your etsy shop!
-Sign-in to etsy
-Go to "Your Account" >> Info & Appearance
-Scroll down to Shop Banner Image
-Click on Choose File, find your image saved on your computer and click open
-TA DAAAA!!!! You have a banner!

No comments:

Post a Comment