Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beading

One of my most recent crafts is beading, which I have mentioned before. 

I had a necklace that belonged to my grandmother that needed re-stringing because literally the beads were on a broken string. 
Here is the end piece: (sorry, no before)
This is actually the second time re-stringing this set of beads. I didn't like how it turned out the first time so I tried again.

It's a pretty simple process, the thing that takes the longest is gathering the beads to go together and look good.

The original necklace consisted of the large blue beads with the color chips in them.

 And the small blue beads with color specks in them.
There was also one extra large blue bead with color chips in it, but that went into the matching necklace I gave to my mom.

The metallic blue beads, limey green beads and copper colored beads are pearls from the greatest bead store, Gemstar Gemstone. This place is amazing so much to see (and buy)!

The center stone bead is wire wrapped with two of the metallic blue pearls and the necklace comes together with a toggle clasp.


No comments:

Post a Comment